Thanksgiving 2013!

We hosted in Toledo this year!  Lots of prep work but so worth it. And so much fun.

Tried a new homemade cranberry sauce recipe from my favorite lady (The Pioneer Woman).  Love her stuff.  She really is my favorite (ask Doug).  And I will never buy the canned stuff again!

Some festive head gear and fun turkey spirit....
Wednesday night at Venturas with Aunt Juli, Uncle Al, Uncle Tim, Aunt Amy & Luke.  So much fun!
Turkey Trot 5K Thanksgiving morning through our neighborhood.  It was a cold, cold morning but I was so proud of Ava - she completed her first 5K!
Then home for table setting and dinner preparations.  My dad smoked a turkey and I cooked one in the oven (again...Pioneer Woman's recipe)!  My mom, Aunt Amy & Aunt Juli pitched in and were HUGE helps as always.  I think this is why I never stress about having my family in for a visit...everyone loves to cook and help...and they are fantastic at it!  The kids made our place mats (hand prints made to look like turkeys) and when we weren't cooking/place mat making - we relaxed on the couch. 
And then of course we get to enjoy and be thankful for each other, dinner and focus on blessings from the last year...
And then...dance party.  Of course.  With Aunt Lindsay spinning the kids on the floor and Uncle Rob giving leg rides.
Such a great weekend with family.  And even at the end of a bumpy year...so much to be thankful for!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...