Squeaky Sue

After 6 days with a sore throat and a gradually fading voice, my voice box decided to call it quits today. I didn't realize until I called my dad up this morning at 8am for some guidance on a utilization calculation for work, opened up my mouth, and....nothing!

So...this was a dilemma. Husband out of town. No voice. Two demanding children. Hmmmm.

But we made it through today. With some squeaking, a lot whispering, some "mom" grimaces (and smiles too)...we made it through.

Ava kept saying..."mom, talk loud" and at times got frustrated, but by the end of the day she was so cute and whispering with me. I explained to her this morning that my voice was sick which was why I had to whisper...and then later in the day she started asking..."voice feel better mom?" She also just thought it was so hilarious when I put her to bed, whispering her prayers, Jesus Loves Me, The B-I-B-L-E and Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer (our nightly bed-side routine for about the past year:-)).

Stepping back, it made me realize how I take my ability to speak for granted and reminded me to always be joyfully thankful for the small and big things I've been blessed with in life.

A few other fun things from today...

Watching Katelyn kiss and crack herself up in our full length mirror. "Flirting" with my friend Kristin to get a smile and laughing at herself while at it. She really is a Ham...just like her daddy.

Ava's maternal instinct coming out while playing with Thomas the Train. She is so funny because she rocks her trains like dolls, puts them to bed, feeds them, etc. She also plays with dolls, but ask her any day...train or doll and Thomas will win hands down. Love it!

Anyways, enough rambling. I hope you all had a terrific day.

Signing out, Squeaky Sue.

Comments

B-Mama said…
K, I totally empathize with your voice situation!! You poor thing!! I can't tell you how eye-opening last week was for me, especially by day 5 of having nothing. When it comes back (and it will soon--have hope!) you'll have a whole new appreciation for volume! Blessings...

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...