Ava Turns 8!

What?  8? How has my little fuzzy brown haired baby girl grown so much?  It seems impossible - and if I stop to think about it too long...I get a little sad.  But then I quick change my focus and think of how proud I am of my sweet, kind hearted, loving, smart, talented, protective big sister to her littles, funny, brave, strong, witty girl.  She is something else.  And she brings so much joy to my heart.  I love spending time with her.  And I love watching her grow into a beautiful young lady.

First up for the birthday - a pet.  Ava has been begging for a fish - and her daddy came through with 3 glow fish.  She was thrilled (and so were her sisters).  They named the fish Ariel, Doug and Ohio State.:-) 
We threw a party for Ava and her friends at a new local pottery place called Peace - Love - & Pottery.  The girls chose a few pieces and put their creativity to work!  Ava loves, loves, loves art...she was so excited to paint with her friends.  We had cake (Ava picked out the pumpkin decoration for her Thanksgiving birthday) and then they were showed the kiln.  The girls also made a picture frame for Ava  - complete with each of their fingerprints.  So sweet!!  We then came home for presents and a dance party of course!
After the girls left - Ava got to open a few gifts from her sisters.  She was so excited for her sewing machine!  And then family and her friend Marnie came over for a pizza party! 
Such a full and joy filled day.  We hope our special girl felt loved when it was all said and done.  Because she sure is!  Happy 8th birthday Ava!!  We love you!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...