540.  Cousins and ice cream.  What gets better than this?
541.  Luke.  My little cousin - he came to visit for the week so he could attend a basketball camp that my brother ran.  We loved having him - especially the girls.  They think Luke walks on water!  And...rightly so...he is SOOOO great with them.  I am so proud of this guy and love when he comes to visit.  Here he is playing catch with Olivia.  She thinks "Wuke" is the coolest! 
542.  Being a parent - it's an adventure.  While out to eat for dinner with Doug, the girls and Luke - we had a bit of an emergency/comedic moment.  Olivia drank her milk way too fast - and when Doug pulled her onto his lap - she tossed her cookies ALL over him.  He sat there and stared shocked with the first hurl - motionless.  Then stared at me speechless with the second hurl.  Then he proceeded to pick her up and rush her at arms length to the restroom where he attempted to clean the both of them up.  I tried to clean up the mess as best I could at the table without bringing attention to our space - paid the bill as quickly as possible all while Luke, Ava & Kate said speechless and motionless across the table, staring.  We scurried out of the restaurant to meet up with Doug at the car who was sympathetic to Olivia - but trying his best not to gag.  We pulled out of the parking lot in our mini-van, windows down - Doug gagging.  And then it happened.  A wave of laughing attack hit me and I couldn't stop.  I laughed until I cried...the whole way home while Doug breathed for air out the window.  I couldn't help it - and don't know what got into me. I wasn't a very sympathetic wife at that moment. But seeing Doug that speechless - lets just say it was a first.  And the look on the kids faces - priceless.  And little Olivia - she was just fine...and kept saying..."I no drink my milk fast anymore."  Doug joined me in laughter after a clothes change and shower.   Luke probably wondered what sort of crazy family he was staying with that week:-)

543. Summer play dates filled with sprinklers, forts, bare feet, lemonade, giggling girls and popsicles.

544.  Our first real garden!  Doug build a retaining wall to hold in our first backyard garden...and are so excited about it!  We planted green beans, cilantro, oregano, basil from seeds and here are the first few sprouts!  So fun for the girls to watch the plants grow.  We also planted tomatoes, peppers and strawberries.  We'll update with future harvest!

545. My two year old.  Love her expressions and big brown eyes and cute little nose and soft baby blonde curls...and of course - her favorite elephant shirt.  She would wear it every day if she could.

546. Tiny little fingers exploring new heights.
547. Peek a boo!

548.  Days spent playing outside that tucker out little girls...and sissy snuggles.  Just love this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...