Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!


Ava woke up and looked at me with her big brown eyes and asked..."is today the day I get to ride the bus to school?" She beamed when I said yes. Her countdown finally complete!


Good nights sleep. Lunch made. Bag packed. Favorite dress from Grammy on. Favorite shoes from Grandma - check.  Breakfast eaten. Hair brushed. Eager kindergartner - check. Hugs for sisters.  And for Mom, Dad & Grandma too.  Ready to take on her first day of kindergarten.  I have never seen a little girl more eager to hurry down to the bus stop and determined to climb bus steps.  I barely got that hug! 

I have always envisioned her first day of school to be harmonious - taking our time eating breakfast together, strolling leisurely down to the bus stop - lots of room for photo ops.  Harmonious?  3 under the age of 6...it was more of a pleasant frenzy...and went by faster than I would have liked!

I am not going to pretend and say I wasn't a wee bit sad...I think the fast morning was a bit too symbolic of the speed of the last 5 years.  Seems like just yesterday I was holding her in my arms for the first time - her fuzzy black hair against my cheek - wondering what in the heck I was supposed to do with her!  But...by the Grace of God we have managed to figure it out well enough to get by and it has been a fantasticly jam-packed, wonderful 5 years.  I would not trade one single joyous or hectic moment for the world.  I have loved every single second of being Ava's mom.

And now...it is time for her to move onto the next phase and we are going to take it on focusing on Ava's excitement and eagerness for this new adventure.  We know that she will do great.  And pray that throughout all her years in school she has fun, stays true to herself, finds what she loves, is a kind and loving light to others, that she tries her very hardest - and knows that no matter what - she has 4 people at home that love her more than anything.
Come on Mom - seriously.  We have a bus to catch!
Ava with her sisters who appear to need coffee. 
Ava led the charge to the bus stop!
Grandma came to see her off!
I love this pic.  Almost like she's saying - "oh my gosh....this is really for real" :-)
Kate and Daddy waited for Ava to get off the bus.  Kate was so excited to see her big sis!
This pic says it all - she had a great first day!  Success:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Funny Kate.

Words...