Homemade Ice Cream & Edibles

This week has been one of the roughest at work to say the very least...lots going on and not enough time to do it in.  Today was extra stinky...but you know what made it all better...???

A trip to Charlie's Homemade Ice Cream & Edibles with my 3 favorite girls.  Ava, Kate & Olivia ate chicken nuggets and noodles while I pigged out on 3 way Cincinnati chili (perfect comfort food).  Oh...and we split some french fries too. ;-)  We chatted...they told me about elephants, asked me why and how it was raining outside, how roofs are built?, does everyone have a roof?, wanted to know how ice cream was made, got mad at me for stealing their ketchup (especially Kate - she does not like it if you touch her ketchup).  Olivia rubber necked at other customers while happily stuffing her face.  It was perfect.  Then we got ice cream...the girls had theirs with cherries on top. 

On the way home, Olivia made blubbery noises with her mouth and we drove through the neighborhood to look at Halloween lights.  People have actually put up Halloween lights...and Ava & Kate got a huge kick out of it.  And I got a kick out of their excited exclamations.

I am back at work tomorrow for an extra day this week to knock things out...but tonight was the perfect cure for the work stress blues!  I so love my girls and their chattiness and smiles.  Here's to many girl night outs in the future!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...