Kate's First Day of Preschool

Today was Kate's turn!  She was SOOOOO excited to go to school...grinning from ear to ear all morning.  Before we left, she proclaimed very matter of factly..."I'm gonna raise my hand and "wisten" (aka listen) to my teachers and be nice and share with other kids."  Can you tell we've been prepping her on behavior at school?  :-)  She was so proud to be going to school...walking around with her chin up all morning.  I loved it.
Grandpa was nice enough to take Ava & Olivia so Doug and I could have a special first day of school drop off with Kate. She walked straight in, shyly said hello to her teachers, hung her book bag up in the cubby and went straight into playing. I didn't think I'd feel this way but had a hard time leaving her today and had to fight back some tears. If only I could have been a fly on the wall to watch her on her first day. My little peanut...going to preschool!

We picked her up...still grinning from ear to ear. Her teachers said she had a great day - that she played nicely, used her nice manners and went potty. That's all I can ask for. Yay Kate!
After school I found her drawing this...I asked her what it was and she said "all the kids in my class."  Love it!  You can make out the little faces and stick arms.  A few of the people have bigger bodies...I wonder if those are her two teachers.  Love seeing things from my kids' perspectives!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...