Inside Fun

The weather here this week has been sort of rainy during the day (and chilly). So we've been trying to find some fun inside stuff to do. Yesterday we made pizza for lunch, did some artsy stuff and went to the rec center. The girls had a blast making the pizza and were so proud as we ate the pizza that they made (especially Ava!). Today we set up a Little People Village and the girls had a blast. I love watching them play and use their little imaginations. I love Ava's little voices she makes up for the people and my favorite today was her singing the "I Know You" song from Sleeping Beauty as she was playing with her prince, princess and castle.
Kate gets so intent on what she's playing with too...repeating the same process over and over again (baby going down the slide...putting the apples in the tree, etc.). In between Little People they played Thomas the Train and raced them across the kitchen floor. Ava can be a little bossy...always telling Kate what to do, what not to do, how to do it, etc....and sometimes Kate won't have anything of it which results in a battle royal (lots of flailing arms in the air, high pitched girl screams and sharp "No's"), but today she was perfectly happy to take orders and Ava actually backed off a bit allowing Kate some autonomy! I love days when they get along and play so well together. I'm such a cheese ball but it so makes my heart smile! I just pray they can grow to be the closest of sisters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...