The Library, Chai Tea and New Toothbrush

A little bit of a random post I know...but despite not feeling so hot, I had a lot of fun with the girls today and wanted to jot down for the memory books!

First...up until a few weeks ago, Ava never got out of bed on her own in the morning or after naps until we came to get her. I think this may be due to the fact that when she was first in a "big girl" bed, she tried to get out once and got stuck in between her nightstand and bed which seemed to traumatize her. Ever since then the poor little thing has never made the attempt again. That was until last week! One morning Doug and I were downstairs and heard the pitter patter of pajama covered footsteps walking through the hall. Ava walked in with a big smile and proclaimed..."I hopped out of bed mommy!" Ever since then she has been greeting us (or waking us up!) in the morning with the same proud statement. I love watching her bask in her new found independence of getting out of bed on her own.

After the girls were up and dressed, we went to the library for story hour. The girls attended in full force today. Ava dancing her little heart out to each of the songs, following along with every rhyme and motion and answering boisterously to the librarian's questions. Kate was shy at first but then followed in her sisters footsteps...trying to mimick the motions and doing her little squat dance during the songs. My favorite was when the librarian held up a yellow shape and asked what color it was...some of the kids replied yellow...and 5 seconds later...Kate yelled at the top of her lungs (while it was quiet)..."WEWWOW!" The girl also has the best duck quack imitation ever.

After story hour, I drove over to Starbucks for a Chai Tea Latte. Those things are the best. I had a sore throat today and as a prego lady...unable to take much in the medicine department...but let me tell you...that Chai Tea did wonders. I don't know if it was the spice or the honey they put into the drink, but it was the best sore throat soother I think I've ever had! Plus, there is nothing better than a cozy hot drink on a cold day. One of my faves!

Next we ventured to the grocery store for Tylenol, tissues and new toothbrushes for the girls. Ava picked a Thomas the Train toothbrush that sings for about 2 minutes when you press the button. As we walked through the store, Kate in the cart, Ava walking behind me, she played her little toothbrush song and happily sang along without a care in the world. It just made me smile. I also loved watching other people smile at her little performance as we passed them by...Ava oblivious to her audience! I love the simple joys and easy confidence of childhood! She carried that toothbrush around with her all day, and I probably heard that song about 1500 times...but I don't think her sweet little singing voice could ever get old to me!

So that's that. Library. Tea. Toothbrush. Our day in a nutshell! Hope yours was just as sweet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...