Cookie Party Time!

Every year some of my best girlfriends and I get together for an annual Christmas cookie party. We started this tradition 7 years ago. We were ambitious then...got together and everyone brought cookie dough or ingredients to actually bake cookies at the party. After a few years of that, we just brought cookies (already baked), traded and focused more on having fun. The past few years....we have become lazy and dropped the cookies...and moved towards an ornament exchange. But...we still call it the annual cookie party??? Not ashamed to admit that none of us are Martha's!

This year we traveled up to our friend Alicia's house in Cleveland and I think it goes down in history as one of the best cookie parties ever. We kicked it off right by changing into pajama's about 1/2 hour after we got there. Then we proceeded to pig out (courtesy of Alicia), drink "Flirtini's" (courtesy of Kristin), play a fun game of "Guesstures" (love this game...ensues silliness...ie. Nancy galloping on a horse), play with the self timer on our camera's (if you can tell from the pictures below...cheerleading poses...thanks to Jenn & Sue...we had way too much fun with that camera feature), had some great talks, ate lots of chocolate (see Alicia re-filling plate below below...my favorite...chocolate covered marshmallows...I hid them from everyone) and stay up until 2 am. For a night...I think I was back in junior high again...but you know what...it was so much fun, and I just love the time I have with my girlfriends....pictured in this post and not. I have been blessed with some great ones from all walks of life and am thankful for each and every one. Girlfriends are so good for the soul!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...