Tagged

Have you ever gotten one of those "tag" things through email...where you're tagged to answer things about yourself, then get other people to respond and do the same? They're kind of fun (especially when procrastinating on other things...cleaning, catching up on to-do's!). My good friend Libby tagged me to write 7 things about myself. Thanks for thinking of me Lib! I struggled to come up with some, and realize I am not the most interesting person in the world by any means...but here it goes...

1. I have one arm that is longer than the other.
My left arm is about an inch longer than my right.

2. I have been known to tell really long (sometimes pointless) stories…better known as Kim stories.
I’m not the best story teller in the world. I like to include more details than not and often get off track. I also get a kick out of small little things that other people may not find as humorous and people often stare at me while I’m talking and cracking myself up (ask Doug). But…all my stories come from my heart…so can they really be that bad???

3. I love home.
One of my absolute favorite things in the whole entire world is to be at home, on a cold/snowy/rainy day or night, with my family, coffee, cozy food and a fire going. Last year we got 20+ inches of snow and were “snowed in” and I could not have been happier! I also love Sunday dinners at my mother in law’s, cozy family weekends at my parents. I’m a sucker for family, food and coziness.

4. I LOVE coffee.
Coffee. I blame my obsession on my mother. Like her…I have trouble rolling in the morning without a few cups of coffee…and sometimes end up grumpy if I have to go without. Knowing that a cup of coffee awaits me (along with my pink fluffy slippers) is part of the motivation that gets me out from under my warm snug sheets each morning. I love everything about coffee. The taste, the smell, the warmness and coziness. I love coffee shops, brown coffee color, frothy coffee, caramel macchiatos, cafĂ© mochas (although I usually drink it black)…you get the point. I love coffee.

5. I get to teach 1st graders at Sunday School every week.
Every week we have about 15-20 of them and let me tell you…they say the funniest things and are the cutest kids ever. I never thought I would enjoy teaching (and honestly sometimes get nervous…even with 1st graders), but enjoy every minute of it. Even when the boys are passing gas and eating glue. It’s fun.

6. I am a data nerd but hope to someday finish my nursing school stint.
I am so thankful to have a job right now that I enjoy and that allows me to be at home with my girls most days of the week! I deal with LOTS of data…healthcare data…pulling it, compiling it, investigating trends and formulating information for people much smarter than me to make business decisions off of. May sound boring to most, but I honestly enjoy it.

That being said, I would love to one day finish my nursing school stint (I attended nursing school for a year, and 2 weeks after finding out I was accepted to the clinical rotation program, I also found out I was pregnant with Ava and felt God saying…”not now” to nursing school). I don’t think there could be any job better than to work in a field where you can help make sick people better, while showing compassion, kindness, comfort and hope during what is usually a vulnerable, emotional, uneasy time in a person’s life. I’m thinking once the girls are in school, I’ll look for a program…we’ll see where I’m led!

7. I am a clean freak.
It’s a problem because with 2 kids under the age of 3, our house is hard to keep in order. I’m trying to learn to “let go” because I drive myself nuts, but it’s difficult for me. I usually have the bleach, vacuum or swiffer wet jet out at least once a day.

So that's that! Now I have to tag some people...Krissie, Katie S., Nancy, Jenn B, Kristin K., Sue B. & Haneen...watch out...you're all getting tagged:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...