Nature hike

Here are a few pics from today. We had a great one! Nature hike at Blendon Woods this morning with my good friend Kristin and her mom's group. Ava loved the nature center and all the "stuffed" (aka taxidermy) animals in it. Kate squealed at the birds and squirrels in the bird viewing area.A few other fun moments from today:

  • Ava & Kate's fascination with their toothbrushes. Ava loves hers because it sings a 2 minute thomas the train song (which she knows all the words to) and I think I heard that song at least 25 times today. Kate just likes to sit with it hanging out of her mouth. Not sure why, but all I know is it keeps that kid still for more than a minute and I'll take it!
  • Ava trying to show Kate the ropes...gently (and sometimes not so gently) with a sweet little.."come on Katie Kate" (her newest nickname for her) and a hand on her back/outstretched hand. Love it!
  • The girls in the back seat doing the motions to "if you're happy and you know it" and singing along. Ava knows the words and tries to tell (boss) her sister how to perform the motions...and it's so cute listening to Kate trying to make the word sounds, studying her big sister's moves. She's pretty good at the "hooray!" part. I think that's my favorite. She also shakes her head uncontrollably at every beginning of "the wheels on the bus".
  • Dinner at Grammies...the girls love their Grammy! She got Ava a new "big girl" puzzle, and that's all Ava wanted to do was put the puzzle together, dump it out and start all over again. When we got home...Ava wanted to "put it up high so Kate couldn't get to it because Kate is a baby and tiny." All verbatim from Ava's mouth.
  • Kate getting into everything at grammy's, getting a kick out of throwing the football, chugging an apple juice box at rapid speed, then burping extra loud. That's my girl!
  • Bath time splashes and giggles. I love watching them have fun together. Not much else gets better than that, and I can only pray that continues for a life time!

A fun fall day indeed! Just missing my Doug tremendously...otherwise I could count it as perfect!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...