Fall

This season I have just been extra aware and thankful for the beauty that surrounds me. Not only have the radiant orange and red Autumn sunsets and the beauty of many colored leaves caught my eye as they often do this time of year. But in the usual season of harvest and giving thanks, I have been especially thankful and aware of the blessings that surround our family.

Fall…change. Things happen to stir us up inside. To force us out of our comfort zone to reflect. 2008 has been a year that has stirred us up! It has been a happy year with many, many ups, but also a bumpy year…probably the bumpiest yet, beginning with the death of our dear Pastor Dave after his long battle with cancer, departing our much loved church family to follow our hearts to a new church, illnesses/hospitalizations/hard times for some of our closest family members. All of these things caused our insides to turn. For us to feel out of control and helpless and a little off balance. Stiff feelings as humans to grip and deal with. Yet through it all, there was a sense that came from faith that everything would be okay, no matter what. That everything works together for purpose…a purpose and a greatness that goes past our understanding, beyond our unbelief. Often times we felt of balance, but all of the time we knew we would be okay because we stood on a solid rock and foundation that has never and will never falter.

And looking back, reflecting…not only were prayers answered in amazing ways, but there was growth and restoration to hearts through this time that I think can only come via bumps. I am so thankful that we have an amazing Lord that sees us through everything we come across in life – joy and sorrows, fear and delight. He keeps his promises and delivers. Every time and all the time. And nothing gives me more confidence or gives me more reason to be thankful than that.

So as I look at the leaves that are changing, feel the crisp Autumn air, watch my girls squealing through a pumpkin patch, snuggle with Doug to watch our fall sport of choice – football (preferably Buckeyes)…I am constantly reminded of the beauty of His promise, and thankful even for the bumps in life that change and renew our hearts to bring us closer to Him.

Comments

Anonymous said…
excellent reflection, Kim. We are blessed beyond measure by a God who loves and gives beyond our wildest imagination. THere is much to be thankful for, even in the darkness. On another note, relieved to hear that Kate is ok! How scary that must have been. Sam is such a bruiser, I am stunned that we have not had to take him to the ER yet, that child ages me by the hour! I hope all is well- I miss seeing you!

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...