532. Mike & Kacy. They opened up their beautiful home to us, showed us their beautiful city and we absolutely loved, loved, loved our time with them. I am so thankful to have these two in my family. So dynamic, loving, artistic, caring, kind, smart, down to earth, fun people - they are great to say the very least. When we got there they fed us and we ventured on a short walk from their house to the Capitol building. It was beautiful and peaceful at night. Standing there it was tough to think that this is where so many hard decisions are made and hub-bub takes place. The big deal while we were there this week - waiting for Supreme Court's decision on whether Obamacare was constitutional or not.
Here we are getting ready for the day - breakfast!
First stop of the day - U.S. Botanical Garden. We saw so many beautiful flowers and plants. The girl's favorite: the Venus Fly Trap plant simulation.
556. In awe of God's creation: Bat Plant:-)
557. Spice! This room had spice jars and showed children how a lot of things we eat come from plants.
The Hubble Test Telescope
The Wright Flyer - Orville and Wilbur's first powered aircraft. The first successful airplane! Pretty amazing!
The Spirit of St. Louis - the plane Charles Lindbergh made the first ever transcontinental flight between New York and Paris (1927)
Kate in front of Amelia Earhart's Lockheed Vega - plane she flew across the Atlantic in -first woman to do so! Loved this - so did Kate!
560. Milkshakes with family on a warm summer night in downtown D.C.
562. Said it before but going to say it again - God's creation. I love being reminded that some of the most beautiful things on Earth - jewels, natural formations, crystals, dinosaurs aren't man made - but created by Him. Such an amazing artist!
Amazing to think how hold these bones are...
This was probably my most favorite creation - beautiful. Not the plaque...but the sandstone formation...:-)
The Hope Diamond!
Jewels from Napoleon...the girls liked this room. Lots of princess jewels:-)
Can't forget the subway...
Friday night was pizza at an adorable, yum little spot near Kacy and Mike - the pizza was fantastic! Such a great dinner and cap to such a fantastic weekend! We also walked down to a nearby park and let the girls run around for a while!