293. Morning runs through quaint, kept towns (Yountville) and beautiful vineyards with Doug.
294.  Mountains and painting worthy valleys.
295.  First stop on today's tasting tour - O'Brien Estate.  One of my favorites of the trip!  The winery is relaxed, artful and their courtyard whimsical - and the wine is really fantastic.  Loved their Merlot.  Each bottle has a poem on the back about the different stages of the the owner's (husband and wife) relationship.  Great way to kick off the day!
296. Beauty found within walls of wineries...loved the random chandeliers in their barrel room!
Doug loved this bar!
Wish I could paint like this!

297. Simple, whimsical courtyards.  Pictures don't do it justice!  This would be the perfect place to sit in a hammock on a sunny afternoon, glass of wine and good book in hand.  Our tour guide said that on summer nights in the valley, it's great sleeping with windows open because you hear the whir of the giant fans that run to circulate air over the grapes.  I can imagine.  Crickets, summer sounds and soft whirring fans luring to sleep.  Sounds so dreamy to me!
 Loved the chandelier hanging in the tree...what a great backyard for a summer party.
298.  George and Danielle.  Thankful that we let them talk us into coming last year - now we are hooked!  Some of our favorite people to spend time with...so kind, down to earth and fun.  Next stop - tasting room in Yountville - Jessup Cellars.

299.  Grilled cheese.  I love grilled cheese.  And I got some at Hurley's in Yountville for lunch.  Yum!
300.  Cookies & wine.  Two of my most favorite things. After lunch - we drove up to St. Helena (another adorable little town) and sat out on the street side porch of Tamber Bey's tasting room.  The sun was shining, breeze was flowing and we got to walk through their cookie/wine pairings.  My favorite cookies had bacon and cayenne pepper.  Yum. Yum. Yum.
301.  Evidence of a fun day (and maybe a tad too much wine) empty wine glasses and random pictures. 
302.  Jeremy and Nancy!  Two more of my favorite, favorites...joined us straight from Ohio at our next stop....Darioush winery.  Always love having Jeremy and my Nancy pants there!  Darioush was pretty neat - architecture inspired by the owner's Persian heritage.  Castle like - columns, fountains and fine detail. 
Love these ladies!
Dinner was at Oenotri in Napa - where I think I may have had the best pizza I've ever had.  They imported a wood burning oven from Naples to make the pizza's in - and they were fantastic!

Comments

Jennifer said…
I'm catching up on my blogging! I love these pictures- what a fun trip. My favorites are the random pictures and empty wineglasses. Oh Kim!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...