The Halls are Decked!

Stockings are hung...
Both trees are up...including our girly candy ballerina tree (poor Doug:-))...
The village is up!  Doug and the girls surprised me with this village last year...and this year we have the perfect place to put it.  On top of the piano I grew up learning on (thanks Mom & Dad for passing this treasure on)! It is so much fun to sit and look at my village while I'm playing the piano.  I'm such a kid:-)
This is my favorite piece. My mom had (has) a church that resembles this.  I would spend hours as a kid around Christmas time staring at the church and imagining people going inside and having big extravagant Christmas parties after they sang Silent Night.  
My new favorite chair (got it on sale at Pier One a few months ago - it's red:-)) with some fun snowmen!
Our nativity scene - given to us by Grammy when we were first married.  Also another favorite to put out each year.  So thankful for Love that came to us so many years ago on Christmas day.  I hope that this beautiful small display serves as a reminder to us among the stockings, glitter and busyness of the season. This is what we are really celebrating.
" Lovey" our elf on the shelf.  She comes to visit every year during the weeks before Christmas and reports back behavior every night to Santa. She flies to and from the North Pole and lands in a different spot each night.  The girls run down every morning to find where she is at - they love her! 
One of my random Santas!
Mantle decorating - mainly  so I can look back at this post next year and remember how to decorate.  This blog also serves as a great reference tool for me:-)  
New this year - cinnamon smelling pine cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...