Pat & Lindsay are ENGAGED!!

Two weeks ago today I was giving my little brother a lecture on popping the question - it has after all been 5+ years, Lindsay is an absolute keeper and he is head over heels about her.  Pat remained tight lipped and sort of egged me on with my lecture...little did I know...

One week ago Pat came downstairs at my parents house and said to my mom, dad, Doug and I "I made a purchase", then pulled out a ring.  My mom and I jumped up and down all over the living room...squealing and acting like a couple of 6th graders.  My dad then high fived my mom.  Pat was finally going to pop the question...

And today...Pat asked Lindsay to be his wife!  He planned it out perfectly with a nice dinner out, walk in the park where he got down on one knee, asked...and she responded tearfully..."are you kidding me?"  Obviously she said YES!  He also coordinated a meeting place for all of her favorite people...her wonderful family from Cincinnati, friends from all over and our Conover/Fighter clan...SURPRISE!  We celebrated until the wee hours of the morning and even topped the night off with a family tradition - Steak and Shake:-) 

I am so proud of my brother and the guy that he has become...he is one of my very best friends and I thank God for him each and every day.  And...I'm so excited to have such a beautiful sister-to-be in the mix!  She is the best - sweet, laid back, kind hearted, fun...and she keeps my brother in line!  We are so looking forward to the fun to come this year, and for many years after that! 

Lindsay calling her mom and sister Lena...no one answered...waiting to surprise her in person!!
Love this picture!  Lindsay so surprised by the crowd and Pat celebrating!
I love the expression on my Dad's face...pure Joy!
I love my crazy family...Carly, Rob drinking a beer and Doug giving the thumbs up!
The future Mr. and Mrs. Conover!
The hardware!  Good job Pat:-)
Me and my baby bro...
The middle child...
Lindsay with her mom and sis!  They are just as great as she is!
The fam!
And here...our true personalities come out...
Mom still has to remove the dry cleaning tags from Pat's shirt.  BTW...who has their polo shirts dry cleaned?
LOVE this girl!
Having too much fun!
Pat and his best buddies!
Dad spent much of the night at the juke box!
I love my Doug!
Yay for sisters!
Posing in the actual chair that Doug and I said "I love you" to each other for the first time - 10 years ago...  Embassy Suites, Dublin, OH.  We were there with my entire family for Thanksgiving.  Cheesy I know...but sentimental!!
Congrats Pat & Lindsay!!  We love you!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...