31

Yesterday was my 31st birthday...can't believe I'm 31. Seems like yesterday I was counting down the days to my 16th birthday!  Anyways...

I had a fantastic day....dinner out at one of my favorite Italian restaurants with Doug, the girls & my mom, followed by a scavenger hunt with my girls to find my gift (they thought that was the coolest!) and a "dessert smorgasbord" - all put together by Doug (thanks babe!).  The girls made homemade cards and Ava wrapped a book of leaves that she made at school that day. ;-)

And...I am SOOOO excited because Doug surprised me with a new "fancy" camera! I have been like a kid with a new toy the day after Christmas. I think I have taken pictures of everything in our house...trying to figure out the settings and features. I can't wait for a nice sunny day to take the girls to the park for a "photo shoot"!  Lots to learn...shutter speed, aperture, exposure, flash compensation...but I am having fun reading the manual, working through the guide and taking pics of everything and everyone!  I love pictures and capturing moments!

Below are my first shots with the new camera.  Some of the girls, some of the fall decorations around our house, a random shot of our dining room (trying to learn the setting for distance picture taking) and a random shot of hanging wine glasses (I actually took that one in a non-lit room and used lighting to light the glasses up.  SO. FUN!).  So bare with me as I play with my new toy.  I really am so excited if you can't tell!!  And thanks Doug for such a fun gift:0)!  I feel spoiled! 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...