Do not look at my form...I stink at Yoga...but loved that the girls took a break from running through the sprinklers to try to Yoga it out with Mom! :-)
I have always wanted to learn how to make homemade pasta. There is nothing better than fresh noodles curled up in marinara. One Friday night about 6 months ago, Doug and I were on the couch watching Giada and Bobby Flay tour Italy. I had my glass of wine and a cozy blanket while Doug was snoring next to me on the couch. Bobby and Giada visited so many beautiful places (one of these days we’ll get there!). One of their stops was to a kitchen to make homemade pasta. Watching them roll out the beautiful dough and then enjoy what I imagine were amazing fresh pasta dishes, inspired me to finally pull the trigger and order a pasta roller. It’s such an art! I also got a ravioli cutter and pasta drying rack. I was so excited after my purchase, I decided to pour myself another glass of wine and cozy back up for the rest of the show. The next stop on their tour was a town called Montalcino, a medieval fortress town in Tuscany, famous fo...
What a fun day to ring out my favorite month of the year... 7am...work & coffee (I love my coffee!) 8:30am...girls up, breakfast, playtime (and a little bit of laundry) 10:30am...Depart the Fighter residence for what turned out to be a four hour outing with the girls that included rare shopping trips at Old Navy & Macy's, lunch at Chick- fil -A, play-time at the mall playground, and gummies from the candy shop. Some favorite moments... Ava trying to try on clothes with me in the Old Navy dressing room. I looked over and she had 2 tank tops over her head and was asking for more. Where's the camera when you need it! Kate rapidly throwing her hands up in the air with a big smile (her gesture for the so big game) after I finished telling Ava that she is going to be 3 and is getting "so big". Kate heard those 2 words and couldn't help herself. She repeated the "so big" gesture for about 3 minutes until it was time to leave...cracking herself up the w...
I have to confess that I have been addicted to the 2008 Olympics...I have enjoyed taking up space on the couch every night, lounging and watching the games (how about Phelps!). So here I am playing catch up again...... And in true Olympic fashion, the Fighter household had a major victory on August 12, 2008 (writing it down for the record books!). Ava went tinkle on the potty!!!!! Yes!! I never realized how exciting this would be. We have tried with our Ava, but the stubborn little peanut wouldn't have anything to do with it. Finally on Tuesday I told her that "today was the day"...no more diapers. After some resistance, and Dora the Explorer undies, she decided to give in. While playing in the basement, she declared it was time...I ran her up the stairs so fast, plopped her on her little potty and bingo! She got it. You should have seen her face light up when she realized (although the look of astonishment probably had something to do with wonderment of her mom jumping ...
Comments