Pillows

Let me preface this post by saying I know I'm a dork...because I am now going to talk about how excited I am about pillows!

Our family room needs some livening up. And...I don't want to spend a ton of money. So the girls and I went to the fabric store yesterday, got some cheap fabric, whipped out the $5 sewing machine my mother in law got me at a garage sale, and went to work as I watched American Idol.

Whola! Here are my first two pillows ever. The green swirly one is completely brand new (stuffed with $1.50 polyester fuzz (I don't know its real name) from Hobby Lobby). The other pillow is a pillow cover, complete with zipper (I am so impressed with myself if you can't tell...hee, hee, hee. I think I need to get out more) and the inside is one of our old striped pillows that came with our couches 7 years ago. You would never know!! I have more pillows to make tomorrow...2 additional colors of fabric and a few more in the colors I made today.

The pillows in this house better watch out. I'm on a roll!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...