Funny Kate.

I never knew what people were talking about..."terrible two's" when Ava was two/three (and before I write any more...I'm going to preface this...I absolutely love all my girls for their unique growth and personalities...they all bring me joy in different ways. I wouldn't change a single thing about any of them). If we told Ava "no" or not to touch something or do something...generally...she listened and followed through.

Sweet little Kate however is very different. She is curious, determined differently than Ava, and knows what she wants. I could tell her 100 times not to do something, and she'll still do it. I never trust her alone...if she's quiet I know she's up to something (and she usually knows she's up to something too as she hides...but continues to do it anyways). This has all been challenging to say the very least, but consistency has been key, and we're working through it! Combine normal two year old antics with a wit that is priceless (there are strong indications that she will be our family comedian) which brings much laughter to the whole 2 year old situation. Just this week...

At the gym...I dropped the girls off in the babysitting room so I could go work out for an hour. 15 minutes into my workout one of the sitters comes to get me. Katelyn apparantly thought it would be a good idea to take her pants and pull-up off to walk around naked. When the sitter noticed Katelyn walking around with no pants on...she went over to ask Kate where her pants were. Katelyn simply replied "I have to go potty." This all make perfect sense I suppose (we are in the midst of potty training). The problem is...she got sidetracked and continued on playing...without any pants on. Thankfully...no accidents...just some laughs after all was said and done, along with a small lecture to Kate on why we can't take pants off unless we're in the bathroom or at home getting dressed:-)

At home...I overhear Katelyn using the word "stupid". In our house, this = a Bad Word. When I asked her where she heard that word...she looked around for about 10 seconds, then up at me with her big brown eyes and stated very matter of factly "Jimminy Cricket". Who?. She again replied again..."Jimminy Cricket". I had to turn around this time to laugh before we had a little talk and time out...but seriously. We have never watched anything with Jimminy Cricket on it. She may have seen him somewhere else...but to blame her misstep on jimminy cricket...only Kate.

I had to write these down. Through some of the struggles of forming a two year old into a little rule following girl...it's been helpful to find laughter in it all! It aggravates me to no end when they don't follow the rules...and we have definite consequences. But through the frustration, I look at the honesty, curiosity, innocence and hilarity of what they think/do/say...and just have to laugh. I wonder what goes through their little minds.

I love my little Kate. She keeps me hopping for sure, but brings me so much laughter and joy!

Comments

B-Mama said…
Love this! Too funny... Isn't it amazing how unique each one is?? My #2 T is pretty ornery and gives me a run for my money. What's great is that by #3 you're going to be such an old pro, little Olivia is going to be perfect!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Words...