Post Slacker

So...I have been slacking majorly in updating my blog...but I have a good excuse. I am trying to finish up our 2009 Blog Book and made a pact with myself...no new posts until our 2009 book is finished. The main reason I keep this blog is to chronicle our family's adventures so I can then create an annual sort of "yearbook". It's my way of scrap booking (and...I don't have to print off lots of digital prints that I'll just stuff into a box somewhere...they all go into the book). My mom has made beautiful scrapbooks for my brother's and I...but I unfortunately don't have the time to do that right now. So electronic blogging is my version of scrap booking. And...I can order a copy of the blog book for each of the girls (so they all have copies one day).
If you need a good "publisher"...I use Blurb.com's "Book Smart" software. You have to download the software (for free), create an account...then blurb.com takes care of "slurping" posts from your blog for the dates that you select. The posts (along with pictures) all get imported into a "project" within the Book Smart software, and from there you can manipulate layout, formatting, etc. You can even add pictures from your computer that you might not have posted to your blog. I was so excited about the book I made for 2008. The quality was excellent...it looked like a professional book...I'm not a professional at this stuff:-) Here is a picture of our 2008 book. My goal is to have 2009 complete and ordered by Sunday. Until then...no new posts! I'll have a lot of catching up to do.
Happy weekend!!!!

Comments

orahoods said…
that looks great! it's on my (long) list of things to get to someday!

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...