Christmastime!

We had a fantastic weekend! Doug and I dropped Ava & Kate off at grandma & grandpa's and headed to Columbus with Olivia, for a weekend of fun! Friday night we had our annual cookie party which never disappoints. We exchanged gifts with our secret Santas, ate lots of food and drank some wine. It was so great to catch up with everyone:-) The next day Olivia, Grammy, Doug and I hung out during the morning and then Doug and I ventured off to my friend Heidi's wedding ceremony. I have known Heidi since I was in first grade...she was my first friend in Ohio:-) She looked absolutely stunning and as happy as could be walking down that aisle! I was so happy I could be there to share that special day with her!!

Next stop...Doug's work Christmas party. They held it at Hyde Park (my favorite restaurant of all time!). It was so much fun...Doug works with so many great people and their spouses are just as fantastic. It has been fun watching this company grow. The first Christmas party we had was 3 years ago and held at Doug's boss's house with Doug and I, Doug's boss & his wife, and our kids (we only had Ava at that time!). Last night there were almost 40 people filling the room. We feel blessed to be on this "ride" with the company. While we were at the party, Olivia hung out with her Grammy. She had a great time...all smiles when we picked her up the next morning:-) I'm glad Grammy had that one on one time with Olivia!And last but not least...my favorite part of the whole weekend...the girl's Christmas program at church. Ava and Katelyn took part, dressed as angels. All of the children were SO sweet! The angels did a ballet dance to "It Came Upon the Midnight Clear" and sang a bell song. They also performed Away in a Manger (which I think was my favorite). Katelyn danced around the stage...often when she was not supposed to, and Ava did her best to keep her sister in line. It was hilarious! And so incredibly sweet. It melted my heart strings to say the very least! In addition, Ava's preschool teacher Ms. Karen took the time out on her Sunday to come see her in the play which I thought was so incredibly sweet. She is such a neat teacher and I think it was so nice of her to come, making Ava feel so special. Other special guests...our great friend Barb and Uncle Rob. I absolutely LOVE that there are so many people around my girls who make them feel so loved. We are truly blessed in that way!Ava telling Katelyn where to stand. One of the many points during the show where she was trying to keep her sis in line. As you can see...Kate was very responsive (wink, wink).Katelyn at one point was laying up on the alter...in front of the whole church...completely in her own little world:-) Glad she is so lady like.

Comments

B-Mama said…
They are adorable! Glad you all had a great weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Toilet Bowl Obsession