Oh Katelyn!

So we had another Katelyn adventure tonight! I made lasagna for dinner and while I cleaned up, Doug gave the girls a bath (it's getting hard for me to bend over the side of the tub these days:-)). Sounded like they were having fun, and then after about 15 minutes I heard Doug yell..."Kim...I need some help up here." I went upstairs to find Ava out of the tub, Doug shaking his head pointing towards the tub and Kate sitting in the tub with #2. Kate went poo in the bathtub and was sitting there, looking up at me with big brown eyes...so innocently. Doug had clean up duty in the girls bathroom and I took the girls down to our tub to re-bathe them. Thank God for bleach! (for the tub...not the girls:-)).

We just had to laugh. I told Doug that I think Katelyn pulls something new about every four days. It never gets boring with her around! She definitely keeps things interesting, and keeps us laughing!! We love her so much...poo adventures and all.

Other than that we have had a great weekend. Doug drove down to participate in a golf outing held in honor of one of our good friends' mom who passed away from cancer. It is an annual outing, and each year raises so much money which they in turn donate towards a high school scholarship and cancer treatment centers. And...I'm glad Doug got to go away and golf and have some "guy time." While he was gone, I got a sitter Friday night and went out to dinner with my good friend Al, my parents and a bunch of our family friends. It was so fun...I just love our "peeps" up here! Saturday morning we woke up, ate breakfast, and the girls entertained themselves in their basement playroom for about an hour (I took advantage of the time and cleaned!). I was amazed that they played so well together (it doesn't usually happen like that!).

After a trip to the store, Uncle Rob and Aunt Carly came over to play with the girls. We then headed over to our favorite park and went to an animal observatory. We watched squirrels, groundhogs and chipmunks eat...and also got to see lots of different birds fly in to munch on seeds (we even saw hummingbirds). After that we went over to the playground and let the girls play for a while. They LOVE playgrounds, and it's fun to watch them. Ava always is so protective of Katelyn and has to make sure her sis is okay.

Also loving this fall weather in August...had all the windows open. I LOVE this weather and wish it was here to stay (but...it will be 90 on Tuesday, so we'll just have to plan another trip to the pool!).

Hope your weekend has been just as fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...