Preschool Already?

So I sent in Ava's preschool forms today. I am so excited for her to begin this new little adventure of hers...school! I know she will absolutely love it. She's ready and truthfully I think she's starting to become a little bored with me some days at home. The artwork, watching her learn new things, meet new friends and school programs will all be so much fun.

But I have to be honest...there is a small part of me that is a little...sad (sniff, sniff)! Where did the past 3 years go? Everyone always says "enjoy them while they're young...time flies". And I always used to just kind of think..."whatever". But it is so true. Seems like just yesterday it was Thanksgiving day 2005 and Doug and I were at the hospital holding our "bean" for the first time. The past three years have been such a growing experience for me...I've learned how absolutely wonderful it is to be a mom (even with the challenging times) and how amazing it is to watch your child grow right before your very own eyes...there is nothing like it. Ava has gone from a sweet, happy, abundant haired baby...to a sweet, fun, beautiful and sometimes too grown up for mommy 3 year old.

Looking back, I absolutely cherish the past 3 years...Ava has brought so much priceless joy to our lives. Looking forward...I know we'll have lots of new "chapters" and I just have to remember that every phase will be a fun new adventure and I'm going to try my best not to not take my time with my munchkins for granted.

Gosh...if I'm like this with preschool, what sort of mess am I going to be when it comes to kindergarten...or (gasp!)...when she goes away to college? :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...