Potty Time!!

I have to confess that I have been addicted to the 2008 Olympics...I have enjoyed taking up space on the couch every night, lounging and watching the games (how about Phelps!). So here I am playing catch up again......

And in true Olympic fashion, the Fighter household had a major victory on August 12, 2008 (writing it down for the record books!). Ava went tinkle on the potty!!!!! Yes!! I never realized how exciting this would be. We have tried with our Ava, but the stubborn little peanut wouldn't have anything to do with it. Finally on Tuesday I told her that "today was the day"...no more diapers. After some resistance, and Dora the Explorer undies, she decided to give in. While playing in the basement, she declared it was time...I ran her up the stairs so fast, plopped her on her little potty and bingo! She got it. You should have seen her face light up when she realized (although the look of astonishment probably had something to do with wonderment of her mom jumping up and down, clapping and screaming!). So proud of herself! And we're pretty proud too!

...while this was all going on...Katelyn...

decided to chug my 1/2 cup of COFFEE that I had set down (not thinking!) in order to whisk Ava off to the bathroom. After I had settled down with Ava, I remembered I had another child and frantically came back to get her. She was sitting there with my empty coffee cup, a few drops of coffee on her outfit, and none in the cup or spilled around her. She had a huge grin as she lifted the cup back into drinking position. My little caffeinated one year old was a bit more spunky that morning.

Some fun shots from this past week...

Kate getting down with her ABC's........... Ava trying on shoes.....................

Katelyn checking out Leah................














Fort time with friends..................

The girls raiding the fridge....Ava playing with temperature controls and Katelyn pulling things out...
Doug and I escaped to suburb of Chicago for Losh wedding...


Bubbles with Grammy....

Comments

B-Mama said…
K, too funny about the coffee! Oh no! My boys *love* drinking my cuppa in the mornings too, probably bc I add so much cream and sugar. :) Hugs!
B-Mama said…
Oh and congrats to Ava on her potty accomplishment! What a big girl!!
Kris said…
Way to go Ava! I hope she gets going on the potty training. Sam is not there yet either. he is in a wild stage of "no no no, Me me me I do it!" *sigh* I know he wont be in diapers forever... Love the pictures, Kim!

Popular posts from this blog

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Funny Kate.

Words...