The girls had a blast cheering on their cousin MJ. I'm biased...but she was the most adorable on the stage. And the hugs she gave to everyone when she came out from backstage...priceless. Love my little MJ.
I have always wanted to learn how to make homemade pasta. There is nothing better than fresh noodles curled up in marinara. One Friday night about 6 months ago, Doug and I were on the couch watching Giada and Bobby Flay tour Italy. I had my glass of wine and a cozy blanket while Doug was snoring next to me on the couch. Bobby and Giada visited so many beautiful places (one of these days we’ll get there!). One of their stops was to a kitchen to make homemade pasta. Watching them roll out the beautiful dough and then enjoy what I imagine were amazing fresh pasta dishes, inspired me to finally pull the trigger and order a pasta roller. It’s such an art! I also got a ravioli cutter and pasta drying rack. I was so excited after my purchase, I decided to pour myself another glass of wine and cozy back up for the rest of the show. The next stop on their tour was a town called Montalcino, a medieval fortress town in Tuscany, famous fo...
What a fun day to ring out my favorite month of the year... 7am...work & coffee (I love my coffee!) 8:30am...girls up, breakfast, playtime (and a little bit of laundry) 10:30am...Depart the Fighter residence for what turned out to be a four hour outing with the girls that included rare shopping trips at Old Navy & Macy's, lunch at Chick- fil -A, play-time at the mall playground, and gummies from the candy shop. Some favorite moments... Ava trying to try on clothes with me in the Old Navy dressing room. I looked over and she had 2 tank tops over her head and was asking for more. Where's the camera when you need it! Kate rapidly throwing her hands up in the air with a big smile (her gesture for the so big game) after I finished telling Ava that she is going to be 3 and is getting "so big". Kate heard those 2 words and couldn't help herself. She repeated the "so big" gesture for about 3 minutes until it was time to leave...cracking herself up the w...
One of our favorite places on this planet is Northern Michigan. Winters up there are spectacular…cozy, snowy, sparkly and cheery! We woke up early the day after Christmas and drove straight to Boyne Mountain to ski for the afternoon. One thing I love about Boyne is the number of friends from home who are also up there…we took our first lift up and ran into friends right away who we got to enjoy our afternoon with! After a fun afternoon we checked into our cozy condo on Lake Charlevoix where we had a beautiful Winter view of the lake. That night we met some good friends at one of our favorite Mexican spots in downtown Boyne City…Red Mesa. We always like to get there early because it gets busy!! Our favorites there are the platinum margaritas, tinga chicken tacos and guac. It was delicious as usual and we had a blast with our peeps. The next morning we woke up to fresh snow outside the window and were back at it on Boyne Mountain. Skied all day with a b...
Comments